If you are anything like me, you know how much your lips love some scrubbing in the winter months. Lip scrubs help get rid of the dry dead skin on the lips and keep it smooth and soft. I decided to whip up my own lip scrub using some ingredients from my kitchen, and guess what, it tastes incredible too. I am beyond excited to share this lip scrub recipe with you. Wohoo!
THINGS YOU NEED:
- 2 teaspoons raw organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon raw organic cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
WHIP IT UP:
- To make the lip scrub, just add all the ingredients in a cup and mix with your fingers or a spoon.
- If the lip scrub is a bit hard for you, add more almond oil. If the lip scrub is too runny, add more honey and cacao powder.
- Store in a clean, sealed container. This lip scrub will last you indefinitely if you make sure not to let water get into it. This is a simple, mild scrub that you can use every other day and is safe to eat too!
- With a clean spoon scoop out some scrub onto your palms. Take some on your finger and gently rub your lips with it for a good 1 minute.
- Wash off, pat dry with a soft towel and apply your favorite lip balm.
- Cacao powder consists of anti-oxidants that help protect the collagen in the lips. It helps increase blood flow to the lips thereby providing nutrients and improving its texture. It also reduces the sensitivity of lips to light and protects it from harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Almond oil contains Vitamin E and D that are essential for nourishing the lips. It also lightens any pigmentation that you may have on your lips.
- Coconut oil is an incredible moisturizer and will keep your lips from drying out fast.
I love how the lip scrub turned out that I am almost sure I will never go out and buy a lip scrub again. Also this is such a great hand-made holiday gift to give someone. Let me know if you try it, I would love to see and hear all about it.
What are your favorite lip scrubs?