DIY RELAXING ROSE-LAVENDER BATH SOAKJan 10 2015
Baths weren’t my thing before I came to Seattle six months ago. I love our apartment here and the bath is really nice and comfortable. Plus with the winter months now, I look forward to taking long, relaxing baths. I love using lush bath bombs, but using one for each bath is not the most economical thing for me. Plus, bath soaks are much more relaxing and therapeutic due to their de-stressing and aromatic properties. So a bath soak recipe was in the making, obviously.
THINGS YOU NEED:
- 1 cup epsom salts [ 6-8 oz.]
- 1 Tbsp. dried rose petals
- 1 Tbsp. dry lavender buds
- 10-15 drops of Rose/ any other essential oil
- Storage container
WHIP IT UP:
- Coarsely powder the rose petals and lavender in a mixer. Make sure the particles are small enough not to clog the bath tub.
- Mix the epsom salts and the rose-lavender mixture using a spatula.
- Add 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil. I used rose.
- Store it in an air-tight container away from water. Its ready to use!
- Add 2 Tbsp. of your bath soak to warm running water in your bath and relax with some candles around you with a magazine!
- Epsom salts are known for their muscle-relaxing and detoxifying properties.
- Rose petals have endless benefits starting from soothing the skin to being an anti-oxidant to aromatherapy.
- Lavender is a very calming, soothing ingredient that relaxes your mind and body completely. Also it is very sleep-inducing! So if you have trouble sleeping, give this a go just before bedtime.