GOALS FOR A NEW BEGINNINGJan 01 2015
First of all, a very very happy new year to all of you. I wish you the best and hope all your wishes come true in 2015. I don’t know what it is exactly, but I seem to have the energy of the entire universe in me right now. I hope to translate this energy into my work and live a more fruitful, happy and productive life in the coming year.
The beginning of last year, I made a mistake. I set too many things on my to-do list for the new year. Obviously my energy was scattered in one too many places and it pulled down my concentration and hence my productivity. This year, I have learned. I am going to set exactly 3 main goals to focus on in each area of my life.
For me, a very important thing in life is growth. It really doesn’t matter how much, but I just want to be better than what I was yesterday. My aim this year is to be more active and energetic. Last year was a bit laid back and I enjoyed the relaxation, but it is time to spring back into things and be in action now.
- Exercise for 25 minutes everyday. No excuses. Period.
- Eat Healthy. Bump up the fruits/vegetables intake. Drink tonnes of water.
- A step towards a minimalistic life. Declutter, spend less on unnecessary stuff and take a step towards living simple.
I haven’t shared much of what I do on here, but I am basically a computer software engineer and my job mainly involves research and coding. As much as I love what I do, I want to change up things a bit this year. My love for web designing and development has grown over the years and I want to try my hand at freelance web designing. I am not going to quit my job and jump in directly, but gradually steer in that direction and see how I like it. It is risky, I know. It is going to be hard, I know. But if not now, then when?
- Teach myself web development softwares and languages – PHP, WordPress, AJAX, JQuery.
- Drive towards a freelance web design-development career. Be slow, but steady.
- Increase my ability to concentrate on one task at a time. Bye bye multi-tasking.
If you had asked me about my blogging goals last year, I would have – cluelessly blinked away. But this past year, my blog has become a significant part of my life and has blended seamlessly with my everyday routine.
- Build a close-knit community. Interact and collaborate more with other bloggers and creatives.
- Quit the numbers game, focus on the content. Numbers are important, but they aren’t everything. Numbers are great for milestones and motivation, but they don’t indicate success. I want to focus on excellence in quality, assured the rest will follow.
- Set up my blog design shop. I have been thinking about it for ages, hopefully it will happen very soon. I am pretty jazzed about this.
I am absolutely determined to work hard and give everything my best this year. There can be nothing more fulfilling than loving what you do and doing what you love. With the love and support of my family, friends and each one of you, everything seems very positive and possible.
Also I am really curious and genuinely interested in knowing your goals for the new year. What do you want to make of this new beginning? Good luck with all your new endeavors!
If you are interested in learning more about the course, enter your email address to join the waitlist and be notified when it launches! :)