Cooking was never my thing, until I got married half a year ago. But becoming a wife and reading food blogs [in that order] has inspired me to dish out some good food with my own hands. Trust me, it is so fulfilling when you cook something on your own.
A couple months ago, my chocolate cravings hit an all time high and after gulping down five ferrero rochers in a couple of hours, I realized I had to find a healthier alternative. I just got into the kitchen, and worked in some magic. Voila, look what I made! These Chocolate almond bites are deliciously healthy. They are vegan, gluten-free and take under 5 minutes to make. My main takeaway from this was that even simple, healthy ingredients can combine to make something so incredibly tasty!
RECIPE : [makes 10]
- 7 Medjool dates (Great alternative to sugar)
- 10 Almonds (Vitamin E powerhouse)
- 10 Walnuts / Hazelnuts / Pecans
- 1 Tbsp. Flax seeds (Rich in anti-oxidants)
- 1 Tbsp. Almond Butter
- 1 Tsp. Coconut oil/ butter
- 1 Tbsp. Raw cocoa powder (Rich in anti-oxidants)
- 1 Tsp. Protein powderINSTRUCTIONS:
- Pitt the dates.
- Grind the almonds, walnuts and flax seeds together into a coarse mixture in a blender.
- Add the dates, almond butter, cocoa powder, protein powder, coconut oil and blend again into a soft mixture.
- Rub some coconut oil on to your palms and roll the mixture into small balls.
You see the ingredients? Everything is very healthy and you will thank me when you taste it. Please let me know if you try them, it takes less than 5 minutes to make. Enjoy!
What are your favorite chocolates?